What is wheel balancing and why is it necessary?
Wheel balancing is a sensitive process in which, the weight across a car’s tyre and wheel assembly is equally balanced for an optimised handling experience. Often, new tyres and wheels have some areas of extra weight. For instance, the stem hole of a wheel deducts some weight around that area and makes it lighter than the other parts in the entire circumference.
This disparity can lead to serious imbalances and calls for a wheel balancing check to even out the weight differences by adding counterweights wherever necessary.
At Millennium Vehicle Services, wheel balancing Stockport is our forte.
What are the symptoms of unbalanced wheels?
- Increasingly bouncy or wobbly driving experience.
- Unusual vibrations in the floorboard and steering wheels.
- Increased fuel consumption and rolling resistance.
- Poor braking performance.
- Uneven and feathered tread wear.
We recommend you book an appointment with our reliable garage for wheel balancing Stockport for thorough assessment of the symptoms and adequate resolutions.
How can Millennium Vehicle Solutions help you out?
We use technologically advanced equipment to balance your vehicle’s wheels appropriately. We are adept at both static and dynamic balancing.
Some of the steps involved in this process are as follows:
- The wheel is mounted on an advanced wheel balancing machine and is rotated at a high speed.
- Our experts then take down the measurements.
- They analyse the data minutely to understand whether the weight is evenly distributed across the entire circumference.
- Counterweights are then added to the required positions for accurate balancing.
If you are still looking for a “wheel balancing garage near me”, we recommend you stop now.
Call us today on 07837 114141 for a booking or in case you have any query.
You can certainly also visit us at 1A Shaw Heath, King Street, Stockport SK3 0DP Manchester during business hours.